Saturday, June 30, 2012

Our First Year

 We celebrated our first wedding anniversary last month and it seems about time to start "The Blog." Hopefully, this will be a place to do some light recording of memories and keep in contact with family members. 

So here is our first year in pictures and captions... seems to be the best way to review the past twelve months!

JUNE
The Seattle Temple Wedding 6.04.11



 All of my SEEESTERS


 The wedding party


HONEYMOON
White water river rafting in Costa Rica






Repelling down the water falls



ATVing through the muddy jungle

Ziplining through the rain forest







horse back riding on the beach

After 10 days of adventure in Costa Rica, Ivan's parents threw us a Mexican reception. Full of music, food and dancing. I think my parents enjoyed the party, but were also experiencing "culture shock."





JULY
My brother Marcus and his wife Melinda were married 25 days after us in the Washington DC temple!
 We had a great time attending their sealing and traveling around the East Coast. We got to see Mary Poppins in New York with Ivan's sister Yvette and some of her good friends. They showed us around New York to some amazing food and we stayed in their home in New Jersey. Of course we visited Carlos Bakery from the show Cake Boss. We also toured the National Mall monuments in WA DC with my family and spent the 4th of July on the Capitol lawn watching A Capitol Fourth Concert that included Josh Groban!!!! Our family also got to spend an afternoon at Mount Vernon, the home of George Washington, this was one of my favorite experiences. 




New Jersey at Carlos Bakery




Fourth of July at Mt. Vernon
 home of George Washington


In New York


Central Park in New York


The Family in DC






At the White House


AUGUST
In August I started at the University of Arizona. I have really enjoyed most of my classes and I am excited about where my education is going and the things I am learning. Ivan is finishing his degree through the University of Phoenix which has been a great fit for his work schedule.


In August we also did some boating, which is one of our favorite weekend get-aways.





OCTOBER
In October we picked up a puppy from Craig's List (for free) during conference weekend. We love our Lucy. It was interesting and fun to start to merge our "parenting styles."


NOVEMBER
I turned 21 on Nov. 5th and completed my first triathlon. Ivan was very supportive, he spent weeks finding me a bike (for free) and fixing it up! He surprised me with pink handle bars! 


DECEMBER
In December, we spent Christmas with Ivan's side of the family and my sister Natalie and her family. The best moment was when Santa Clause appeared and our puppy Lucy was scared to death of Santa and ran and jumped on the couch by Ivan and me and refused to move!











JANUARY
In January, Megan came to visit us! We went night hiking and kayaking and of course shopping! We also went to Disney Land with Ivan's sister Yvette, to celebrate her earning her masters degree. My friend Becca came with us, this was Beccas first visit to Disney Land!


 Skip past a crazy semester for Ivan and I and it is finally summer time again!

No comments:

Post a Comment