Sunday, July 1, 2012

Mandy Blue we miss you!



June 6th 2012 my next door neighbor and life time friend ended her struggle with the fastest and deadliest brain cancer known. Through death she was healed of her earthly body that caused hardship! Mandy was diagnosed with her brain tumor when she was 18 years old. She courageously fought for four great years as she gracefully lived her life with a smile. 
Her father, Vance, who has been by her side constantly caring for her these past years spoke words of power at her funeral:
"You started college in the fall of 2010 and it was five days after that Christmas that we found out your cancer had returned. Again, you took it in stride, went to your treatments and to everyone's amazement you continued college where you got A's in all of your classes except math, so you took it again because you wanted an A in that too. You continued to go about your life as if nothing was wrong Amanda, somehow we all felt that there wasn't anything wrong. You showed no symptoms of disease and it was at this time some of the best surgeons and oncologists in the world used the word "EXTRAORDINARY" whenever they talked about you. "
During these past few weeks I feel I have been able to reflect and think about Mandy's life and it wasn't until after her Dad spoke that I saw Mandy for more of who she was. I am grateful for the 17 years we shared as neighbors and close friends. I will always remember her for her big smile, her long dark hair, her professional shopping abilities, her ability to listen to me and sympathize and comfort me perfectly while withholding judgement and her heartfelt hugs. Mandy has a very special place in my heart and in the heart of my family. One day I will be with her again and we can continue to have our multiple hour long conversations and movie marathons. I will hear her carefree laugh and see her sweet smile! Till then I will miss her and think of our wonderful shared memories and friendship and continue to pray for her family.




1 comment:

  1. beautiful post. It is always hard to lose a dear friend. I'm so glad you coudl be there for the funeral.

    ReplyDelete